Spike Lee is an American film director, producer, writer and actor. He is known for such films as: “She’s Gotta Have It”, “Do the Right Thing”, “Malcolm X” and, most recently, “BlackkKlansman”.
- Spike always dedicates one notebook, in which he collects ideas for a story, names of the characters, dialogue, plot points, etc.
- Once the notebook is filled up, he transfers all those ideas into the index cards.
- He puts the index cards in order, in which he would like the story to go. This process helps him visualize the story.
- At the same time as working on the fictional elements of the story, Spike is also doing his research (of course if this is what his story requires).
- The research combined with the fictional elements of the story gives him enough material to start writing the script.
- He believes that everyone should devote a specific time of the day to just writing the script without any external interruptions such as emails, phone calls or social media.
While you are here, you might also be interested in Creative Distribution.