- Spike always dedicates one notebook, in which he collects ideas for a story, names of the characters, dialogue, plot points, etc.
- Once the notebook is filled up, he transfers all those ideas into the index cards.
- He puts the index cards in order, in which he would like the story to go. This process helps him visualize the story.
- At the same time as working on the fictional elements of the story, Spike is also doing his research (of course if this is what his story requires).
- The research combined with the fictional elements of the story gives him enough material to start writing the script.
- He believes that everyone should devote specific time of the day to just writing the script without any external interruptions such as: emails, phone calls or social media.
Find out more about writing and filmmaking at Indie Filmmaking School.