I like making a One Pager for every scene in my shooting script.
One Pager is for me only and reminds me of all the most important things I need in the scene for it to work for the audience.
My One Pager consists of:
- The scene in a nutshell (one line, what the view is about).
- How did the previous scene end? (precise ending of the last scene and how that will impact the current scene).
- What are the beats in the scene and where are they (on which line, movement, gesture)?
- What are each characters’ objective/s in the scene?
- Are the characters going to reach their scene objectives or not?
- What is the stage direction for each character (what I have imagined and would like to try out with the actors)?
- How is the scene going to end (what frame, movement, or gesture)?
- What are the characters wearing (I know that this is the costume department, but I like making a note of the costumes, especially when/if the character is wearing something very distinctive that emphasise the character)?
- What objects/props the characters need for the scene to make it work? Do they need anything?
- What is visually most important in the scene?
- Concise shoot list; which takes we absolutely must make for the scene to work during the editing.