1. You need to learn how to pitch effectively to be successful and have your show picked up.
2. Well-constructed pitch is visual, quick and easy to portray the show’s central characters and the core concept.
4. According to Shonda, a good pitch should:
- Start with the premise of the show.
- Explain the world of the show.
- Introduce the characters.
- Explain what the pilot is about.
- Be authentic and help your listeners connect emotionally with the characters.
- You will have to talk about how many episodes you have planned.
- Wrap it up and thank everyone for listening.
- Your pitch shouldn’t be longer than 5–10 minutes.