1. The secret to good storytelling is knowing your audience.
2. If you are trying to capture your audience, start with something they already know and can easily relate to.
3. Tapping into shared experiences will help you capture your audience. (What are yours and your viewers common and shared experiences?)
4. Use those shared experiences to hook your audience.
5. Good storytelling keeps the audience engaged by twists, turns, and cliff hangers. This way you will keep the audience waiting for the story to evolve and wanting more of the story.